Backyard Deck and Patio Style Design Ideas
Idea Decks and Patio Designs for Columbia MD, Baltimore, Montgomery County and Frederick County Areas.
Designing for YOUR Style of Outdoor Entertaining
DanPri has been building and renovating since 1995. We take pride in our strong client relationships and value their referrals. Our customers are confident in recommending DanPri to their friends and family all over D.C. and Maryland- from Columbia, to Baltimore, Montgomery and Frederick Counties. It is not only because of the quality and durability of our work, but also because of the strength of our design team. Like most design teams, we have experience and an abundance of creative ideas for decks and outdoor spaces, what makes our team stand out is that we understand the importance of listening. The result is an outdoor space designed for your needs not the latest trends. Let’s face it- one person’s stunning wisteria draped gazebo is another’s honeybee nightmare.
Style Design and Creative Ideas
At DanPri unique ideas aren’t limited to what we build- we believe in applying creative planning in all aspects of our business. Style Design does not always translate to Modern or Classic- to us “Style Design” is the result of the distinctive requests of each owner, a combination of Aesthetics and Utility. We help you determine your Style Design during our free design consultation. Here are a few examples and features of past custom Style Design Requests from our clients:
Kid Friendly with Options for Growth: Fits Now and Later
- Kid friendly seating area- let us add benches along your railing 12-18” off-the deck. If a few years when the benches have been outgrown they can be repurposed. We can help you convert them into foot rail for stools and you can easily add an adult Tiki bar. Or add facing and a hinge and you have storage boxes.
- Keep things safe for all those toddlers running around on your dream deck: Rounded corners, use lighter composite or stain for your decking. The result is less stored heat for those cute bare feet
- Add a sandbox or a recessed area for a small kiddie pool. The kids can enjoy it for a few years, then Mom and Dad take over and it becomes a perfect spot to grow fresh herbs of veggies to feed growing preteens. Or with a few adjustments (for a safe and family friendly outdoor space), convert it into a firepit for cooler nights and cocktails.
Sit Back and Relax: Keeping the Maintenance to a Minimum
- For those who prefer outdoor deck or patio activities such as Sunrise Yoga to Staining and stripping their deck, we can recommend a decking or patio material designed to best withstand the weather and sunlight conditions specific to your location. Pressure Treated or an exotic wood may be well suited for a shaded area in Bethesda, however a Composite may be a better choice for a Backyard in Frederick or Montgomery County.
- An easy way to reduce the amount of time spent mowing and edging is to apply a landscaping concept called zero-scaping . It not only saves time, properly planned it can reduce your long term maintenance costs. By removing large areas of grass and replacing the area around your deck with a patio and/or a combination of river rock, pavers, stepping stones you won’t be spending hours and money on mowing, fertilizing, weeding and reseeding. Growing a beautiful (and virtually indestructible!) perennial flowering clematis or evergreen Ivy with lattice below your deck adds oxygen producing and visually appealing color without all the extra work. Large containers or raised beds can also be used to grow a vegetable garden.
- We love adding space for you to add plants to your deck. Landscaping your outdoor space is important as well! Large built-in containers for fast growing evergreens are a great way to add privacy and green to your retreat. Higher posts are a perfect place to hang baskets filled with perennials or- even easier, a hardy pansy or mandavilla which grows through the spring to the fall with ease.
Feeding the Masses: Convenient Cooking for the Outdoor entertainer
- Most all of us are able to name at least one family who never ceases to amaze us with an abundance of mouthwatering dishes at every gathering. If you happen to be the home of Amazing Feasts, we will be proud to create a space fit for a gourmet chef. If an outdoor kitchen is included in your design we can plan ahead and include water lines for a sink and easy clean up. We can also include a beautiful granite or timeless butcher block that will double as a chopping block.
- Folding tables and additional seating can easily crowd your deck and patio. We recommend an easy fix for the Style Design- Taller railings can either be built with 9-12” wide flat surfaces (even granite or tiles!) and your railings become the perfect standing bar for your guests.